How to configure vicidial behind the sonic firewall

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

How to configure vicidial behind the sonic firewall

Postby battipallyaravind » Tue May 28, 2019 11:15 am

Hi.

We have configured VICIBOX 8 on my server(IND) behind the sonic firewall and we have hosted pbx server at UK.both are connected with VPN.and same network.

We have created an inbound group. Inbound camp.IN trunk and DID route in VICIdial.
When we are dialing my DID number through UK Hosted pbx, the call is ringing but call not hitting to my server.
Could you please suggest me.

My server Ip: 10.12.X.X (Local IP) configured behind the sonic firewall.

Please check my carrier :

Carrier Name: 747XXXX

Registration String: register =>74XXX:gXXXX@sip.XXXX.co.uk:5060

Account Entry:
[74XXXX]
username=74XXXX
type=friend
secret=gXXXX
nat=yes
insecure=port,invite
host=sip.XXXXX.co.uk
fromuser=74XXXX
fromdomain=sip.XXXXX.co.uk
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
context=default
allow=g729
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
Protocol: SIP

Globals String: 7XXX = SIP/74XXX

Dialplan Entry:
exten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,2,Dial(${7479XX}/${EXTEN:2},,To)
exten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,3,Hangup

exten => _9.,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _9.,2,Dial(${7479XX}/${EXTEN:2},,tTor)
exten => _9.,3,Hangup

exten => _.,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => _.,2,Dial(${74XXX}/${EXTEN},,tTor)
exten => _.,3,Hangup

NOTE: If we are calling through UK server to VICIDAIL number: 013XXXXXXXX.that call even not hitting to my server.
Could you please suggest where I mistake settings? Also, guide me the settings if any changes.
battipallyaravind

Re: How to configure vicidial behind the sonic firewall

Postby williamconley » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:15 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) To send a call between servers on the same VPN-based local network, your register string and host entry (at least) should be using the local IP address. Otherwise you've defeated the purpose of the VPN as the servers will attempt to us the internet (outside the VPN) to make contact.

4) Never use a dialplan pattern with a "." in it with less than 6 digits before the ".". So instead of _9., use _9XXXXX. This is to avoid collision with internal functions in the dialer, and of course there are no phone numbers in the world with less than 6 digits. This hold ESPECIALLY true for "_.," which will capture all numbers dialed, and is not what you want to do in the [default] extension context of a Vicidial system. so change that to "_XXXXXX." at least to require six digits as well.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion