Avatar Soundboard & Agent Handling Multiple Calls At Once

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Avatar Soundboard & Agent Handling Multiple Calls At Once

Postby thephaseusa » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:25 am

Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 2872
DB Schema Version: 1527
ViciBox v.7.0.4| Asterisk 11.25.1-vici |
4 Box Cluster of 1 Database, 1 Asterisk, 1 Web, & 1 Archive Server.
Fundraising Call Center

Hi,

I hired one of the call center companies in the Philippine Islands last year for lead generation. The one I hired was new and they gave me a rate of $3/hour per agent. Using audio files that i recorded myself and my script they sent me enough transfers that I brought in enough revenue to more than pay their fee. They told me one agent handled one call at a time, and by the way, they used Vicidial which is how I first learned about the software, and they joked how many ears does one agent have. I have read about companies who try to increase efficiency by having an agent handle 2 or 3 calls at once. So my question is what would be the best way for an agent to listen to 2 or 3 calls at once, play the appropriate soundboard recordings, and not get too confused. Would you want to use a headset and tie multiple soft phones to one headset, or would you want to use speakers and listen to the customers voices over multiple computers?

Ive been intrigued by the soundboard since I first heard a fundraising robocall around 2008, when the company out of Utah Corporation for Character starting using the technology. The voice on the recording sounded like your best salesman on his best day. And that company landed some of the best jobs in the US fundraising industry very quickly and generated huge volumes of revenue. The rumour was their agents listened to 5 or 6 calls at once.

I know robocalls have been outlawed for residences now in the US, but not yet for B2B calls. There is a huge company in the PI that has been very successful with using soundboard technology and they charge $5/hour. Of course the cost of labor is 5 or 10 times cheaper in the Philippines than in the US. But, if an agent could work several calls at once that would offset the difference in labor cost.

Anybody here doing this with Vicidial? Do your agents process one call at a time, or more than one? If so, how many instances of Vicidial could one agent run at once? And how would it work, would you bunch multiple computers, monitors, keyboards mice in front of an agent, or could you run multiple tabs in a web browser each tab running an instance of Vicidial with all sound flowing into one sound card and one headset?

Ever since I saw how a call center was able to generate cold call sales using soundboard technology I’ve wanted to try it myself, but the cost of labor in the US seems prohibitive.

Any observations would be appreciated!

Happy New Year Vicidialers!
John Merritt in Tennessee
thephaseusa

Re: Avatar Soundboard & Agent Handling Multiple Calls At Onc

Postby udy786 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:59 am

I have tried my self for same to use one computer for multiple agents and it worked. Let me explain you how I did so you can try.

1. I have two headphone connected on my Desktop. First in Front Panel Jack and second in Back Panel Jack
2. I installed two softphone, first EyeBeam and second Zoiper. Zoiper configured with Front Panel Jack and EyeBeam with Back Panel Jack
3. Configured two different extension on each. EyeBeam 8001 and Zoiper 8002
4. Used two browser. Chrome for agent1 and Firefox agent1.
5. Login different agent on each browser with different phone.

Worked.

Thanks
Uday.
udy786

Return to General Discussion