VULTR for Vicidial Server

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

VULTR for Vicidial Server

Postby edrianking » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Hi All,

Is anyone here using VULTR for their Vicidial Server? or anyone here knows how to load recovery iso to increase the disk space of the server. Currently in vultr our diskpace is 200gb but if we check it on df -h it only show 100gb.. Please help.

Thank you
edrianking

Re: VULTR for Vicidial Server

Postby mflorell » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:19 pm

I can't say I've seen clients use that provider before, but we never do recommend VPS or any kind of virtual server for VICIdial use.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby edrianking » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:27 pm

Thanks for this Matt cause we are now having trouble with our diskspace upgrade not reflecting on our back end. Quick question is it possible to restore back up file done with goautodial server to load it on vicidial server? is it also possible to load only the asterisk database to our fresh install vicidial server which is express install?
edrianking

Postby mflorell » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:23 pm

Yes, you should be able to restore a backed up database dump onto a new system, although you will probably need to go through the database schema update processes for each version from the one you are using with GoAutoDial up until the version of VICIdial that is installed on the vicibox server.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby edrianking » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:04 am

I installed GoAutoDial instead than VICIdial on my Virtualbox. My question now is if I dumped my backed up asterisk db which has a different ip address from my current set up ip on my GoAutoDial will it work? Do i need update the server_ip of my virtualbox same with the ip on my backed up asterisk db?

Thank you
edrianking

Postby mflorell » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:34 am

It would be better to use the update server IP script in /usr/share/astguiclient than it is to change your machine IP I would think.

Also, GoAutoDial is almost 3 years old at this point, and not receiving updates. We strongly recommend installing with Vicibox for a more secure, reliable and bug-free system.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby edrianking » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:27 pm

I would love to switch to vicibox from GoAutodial my still my knowledge is minimal yet. So in case i would do that what are the most recommended steps to switch to Vicibox from GoAutoDial. I am think of Running a ADMIN_backup.pl then have it transferred to vicibox via sftp.

1. How to do cluster install? because i have done express install and i cannot see the phpmyadmin page by typing "serverIPaddress/phpmyadmin" when doing express install.

2. Is it ok to reload all the backup file to the new vicibox server?
edrianking

Postby mflorell » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:44 pm

If you read the instructions document on vicibox.com, it will tell you how to perform a cluster install with VICIbox.

As for backups, you can replace the files on a new install if you like, but it is not recommended. We recommend restoring only the database and audio files, and then upgrading the database schema by following the UPGRADE instructions to the current version.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby edrianking » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:50 pm

Does usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_backup.pl --debugX includes the Audio files? I have tried doing this steps:

1. On the production server i run the usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_backup.pl --debugX
2. Copy the .tar file by using SFTP to my local drive
3.Transfer the .tar file to the root folder on my newly created server
4. Then restore it using:

- ls -lat /var/log/astguiclient/archive/
- cd /var/log/astguiclient/archive/
- tar xvfz xx.xx.xx.xx_ALL_0.tar.gz
- cd var/log/astguiclient/archive/
- mv xx.xx.xx.xx* /
- cd /
- ls -lat
- tar xvf xx.xx.xx.xx_VOICEMAIL_6.tar
- tar xvf xx.xx.xx.xx_CONF_6.tar
- tar xvf xx.xx.xx.xx_BIN_6.tar
- tar xvf xx.xx.xx.xx_LINUX_6.tar
- tar xvf xx.xx.xx.xx_SOUNDS_6.tar
- (check for other tar files if you used other backup options)
- gunzip xx.xx.xx.xxasterisk0.gz
- mysql asterisk
- \. xx.xx.xx.xxasterisk0
- quit
-reboot my server

6. My problem is when i now try to access my admin page it shows MySQL connect ERROR:

Have i missed something?
edrianking

Postby mflorell » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:25 am

Did your new server vicidial install work before restoring the backup?

The audio files would be in the xx.xx.xx.xx_SOUNDS_6.tar file
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby edrianking » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:24 pm

Yes it does.. I was able to log in using the default user 6666. but my back up was a GoAutoDial load it on the Vicidial using the express install. In Express install i can't able to see my phpmyadmin in url right? using ipaddress/phpmyadmin? Previously you said when loading the back up from GoAutodial to Vicidial i need to update my database_schema. how can i update my database_schema? Thank you.
edrianking

Postby edrianking » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:27 pm

to restore the audio. I just need to run this "tar xvf xx.xx.xx.xx_LINUX_6.tar" on the root?
edrianking

Postby mflorell » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:29 pm

To upgrade the database schema, you need to follow the UPGRADE document instructions for each version starting with the one you are on and moving to the more recent versions.

The backup script shouldn't have anything to do with phpmyadmin.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby edrianking » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:39 pm

Ok I look fot the UPGRADE documents.

If my installation for Vicibox is express install, there is no way that i can access its phpmyadmin url?
edrianking

Return to General Discussion