ViciDial Integration with Avaya

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

ViciDial Integration with Avaya

Postby jameshuang » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:26 am

I am planning for the individual system components (PBX, VoiceRecording, Predictive Dialer, ACD and Fax Sever) for a 500 seats call center.

My customer wants to use Avaya (must) and willing to pay for it. At the point of discussion, there is no Dialer requirement. However, they came in today and request for additional feature (i.e. dialer) and they don't want to pay for it. (My customer is smart, isn't it??)

I went through the Viki and did a quick trial using Vikidial and feeling great...

Just wondering if anyone has experience in
1. How do you setup or integrate between your avaya S85/S87 and vikidial (as a complete separate from avaya or integrate the avaya with vikiidial via (??) ?)

2. Desktop Integration. Can the call center agent use the same Vicidial and not using Avaya's dialer?

3. how to do ensure the call quality from the dialer to Avaya system? (if it is integrated?)

Thanks in advance for your input.
jameshuang

Postby dlasry » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:56 am

James - does your Avaya system use a SES server for SIP Trunks, or are you going over traditional PRI trunks?

Are your phones using SIP or h323 firmware?

I tried this about a year ago, and got both systems integrated. However, when in production, we chose not to integrate the two systems, and to go with Vicidial as a stand alone. We took our Avaya 4620 IP phones, and loaded SIP firmware on them (we were using H323), and opened a new set of SIP trunks for the new system.

To get the system integrated, you have to use your SES (AVAYA SIP Enablement Server) as your SIP proxy. The process is rather involved, but the process for configuring your AVAYA system with a new SIP provider is well documented. AVAYA even published a lengthy PDF on the issue.
Once you understand the process of opening a new SIP trunk with your SES, and configuring the PBX (CM) to use it, you should be able to use your vicidial system on with AVAYA phones that are mapped into your AVAYA PBX, as part of the whole system.

There are a number of options:
-Let vicidial do the dialing, and send the calls to AVAYA SIP phones.
-Let AVAYA do the dialing: For this you need to set up vicidial to use your AVAYA, as if it is your carrier.

There is also plenty of asterisk to AVAYA integration documentation on the www that will help you fill in the gaps.

Desktop integration really isn't an issue, as you will be using the vicidial web based system, as apposed to the AVAYA CTI environment. Both can work at the same time.

re quality - since you are using AVAYA for your interaction with the world, you can let AVAYA worry about the quality.

PS: You will quickly find that working with vicidial is a whole lot easier, and surprisingly more efficient.
ViciBox_Redux.i686-3.0.6.iso | Vicidial 2.4-283 Build 100929-1203 | Asterisk 1.4.27 | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation |
dlasry

Return to General Discussion