Not sure what to call it, but i need a robo or auto dialer

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Not sure what to call it, but i need a robo or auto dialer

Postby losminacity » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:09 pm

Hello everyone, someone refered to vicidial but not sure if this is the right place or software..

I need to have asterisk call a database of numbers and play a 30 second pre-recorded message (mp3 or wav)

so ill have a database of say 100k numbers. I want asterisk to automatically call numbers in the DB and play back the message without needing any interaction from another user.

is this possible with vicidial, if its not anyone who can point me in the right direction,

thank you
losminacity

Postby boybawang » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:10 pm

yes, thats what you call voice blasting, vicidial is a group of perl and php scripts than interact with the asterisk pbx system, it commands asterisk to dial lists of numbers from their database and either pass it on to live agents or recordings
Vicidial Installation + Configuration + Support + Custom Development
Download my ebook on installing vicidial for free http://download.vicidial.com/ubuntu/VIC ... 100331.pdf
m: +639172063730
boybawang

Postby williamconley » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:02 pm

yes, check the vicidial manual. that's a standard feature in vicidial called a "Survey". You can (but are not required to) have agents ready to accept if the called party presses a button. You can also run it "unattended" as it were.

If you "modify" a "campaign" in vicidial and select "detail" view, you will have a "survey" option on the top menu, where this setup resides.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion