Play WAV files into a conversation...

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Play WAV files into a conversation...

Postby noworldorder » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:53 pm

Is there an application that can work with Vicidial that will allow and agent to play WAV files into a conversation.

If you had a recording of that perfect opening, that perfect close... well you could press a button instead of always trying to reproduce your best performance.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris

I love Vicidial
noworldorder

Postby mflorell » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:51 am

You can use the "D1 DIAL" functions to do this, you just have to enable in vicidial.php
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jselvin » Wed May 05, 2010 4:32 pm

Would it be possible to set it up so that you can play say a recording done in vicidialer? Some customers say they've never ordered anything, and its practical to be able to play it easily... we have a hardware workaround atm
jselvin

Postby mflorell » Wed May 05, 2010 4:49 pm

We did develop something to do that custom for a client at one point, but that was several years ago, and it was using a highly customized recording archive system, not a standard ViciDial archive. At this point most of our CS(customer service) client usually just search for the customer record, open up the recording on their computers and play it for the customer, this also allows them to much more easily go to a specific part of the recording as well as replay seconds quickly.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jselvin » Wed May 05, 2010 4:55 pm

Hi

Thank you, thats the system I've been telling CS to use, its quick and easy, but a workaround - how about linking the recording id to the customer card so that the agent can access the related file directly on the calling card?
jselvin

Postby mflorell » Thu May 06, 2010 12:09 am

A recording is already linked to a lead_id so that part would not be difficult, but adding the listings to appear on the agent interface during the call and have links that trigger playback would be fairly involved to get working.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby jselvin » Thu May 06, 2010 6:14 am

If I get the time, I can look in to it.
jselvin

Postby noworldorder » Thu May 06, 2010 11:58 pm

You can use the "D1 DIAL" functions to do this, you just have to enable in vicidial.php

Is this enabled in the campaign settings? Couldn't find it there even under details. And I couldn't find an explanation of this feature in the manager manual.

To be clear, you are saying that this feature would allow an agent to play a preset recording during a conversation adn then return to the conversation - is that right?

thanks ~
noworldorder

Postby mflorell » Fri May 07, 2010 12:23 am

You need to enable this as an option in the vicidial.php(or options.php) file directly, it is not a web-config option.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby noworldorder » Fri May 07, 2010 1:16 am

You need to enable this as an option in the vicidial.php(or options.php) file directly, it is not a web-config option.

thanks - is there any documentation on this? I am a newbie and finding a path to vicidial.php will probably take me an evening.
noworldorder

Postby mflorell » Fri May 07, 2010 6:37 am

Nope, no documentation. It's near the top of the vicidial.php script:

$PreseT_DiaL_LinKs = '0'; # set to 1 to show a DIAL link for Dial Presets

Just change the above value to 1
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion