Inbound - Skill based or Intelligent routing?

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Inbound - Skill based or Intelligent routing?

Postby Op3r » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:31 pm

I am thinking about this stuff for a while now.

VICIDIAL can now accept inbound calls and transfer them to an inbound queue. This itself is a very good feature to have but I had been asked if VICIDIAL can do skill based or intelligent routing. I honestly dont know the answer.

Has anyone tried this? Any hints on how?
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby Op3r » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:50 pm

Yep, Im looking at the manager's manual for some explanation and some searching thru the forum.
Op3r

Postby mflorell » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:25 pm

That really depends on their definition of skills based routing. We do consider the ability to send English calls to one in-group and Spanish calls to another in-group and allow the agents to be rated based upon their skill in each in-group and have the calls sent to the most appropriate agent to be sills based and most of our clients looking for that have been happy with the results.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Op3r » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:08 pm

What if for example I have 3 types of agents?

1) English, spanish, french
2) english,spanish
3) english

Correct me if Im wrong about the my understanding on the skill based scenario but here it is:

Ill create an inbound group 3lang to house those agents that are trilingual, create an inbound group for 2lang then another inbound group to english. Then I created a campaign called inbound. Added those ingroups to the said campaign. Then also select the most appropriate in group to be used on another campaign.

Is this it? How does skills based routing go here? Will the group 1 will take more calls then it will just spill over to group2 and 3?
Op3r

Postby mflorell » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:46 pm

That could work, but what we usually do is create a Call Menu asking for the language the customer wants, then we create 3 in-groups(one for each language) and the agents that are skilled in each will select those to take calls from and you can set the skill level of each agent in each of those languages if they are multi-lingual.

What we usually do is set the skill higher for agents that only have one language skill, then lower for each skill that the agent has so that overall all calls will have the best chance to get to an agent.

Also, you can set the priority of calls in each in-group to have one in-group calls answered before the others.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion