Gardo and Matt , Server Timing

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Gardo and Matt , Server Timing

Postby gmcust3 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:21 pm

As per Matt , server time should be ALWAYS LOCAL TIME.

As per Gardo , server time shld be ALWAYS EST.

I use VNow, so should I follow Gardo advice which created VNow or Matt , who is the brain behind all these ?
GoAutoDial CE
VERSION: 2.4-309a
BUILD: 110430-1642
No other software installed on the box.
I've read the manager manual.
gmcust3

Postby williamconley » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:07 pm

most important that the time is correct according to whatever zone it is in and that all applications understand the time correctly.

the server set to time in EST is fine, as long at that is the time for EST and the server KNOWS it's EST and remember that there is a difference between EST with or without DST ... since we are IN DST right now for zones that use it, this is a good time to test it out.

php, vicidial, server ... set them all and TEST. if they each KNOW the time correctly, it's right.

not a bad idea to have a verified setup for a zone that does NOT use DST, though, in case your setup is flawed on the day DST ends ... switch to a zone that doesn't use it (Jamaica? Indiana?) until the DST danger week ends. LOL
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby gardo » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:27 am

Hmm.. I don't remember saying that it should always be EST. It depends on the country your dialing into. If you have it on local then you might have problems with the maintenance scripts run by cron when you're dialing. Like getting your agents logged-out suddenly at 1am/pm and other similar scenarios. So if your dialing US then it's practical to set your date to EST/CST/MST/PST.

Another alternative is to change the crontab entries of the scripts.
http://goautodial.com
Empowering the next generation contact centers
gardo

Postby gmcust3 » Sun May 09, 2010 11:46 am

So if your dialing US then it's practical to set your date to EST/CST/MST/PST.

If I dial USA and UK ?

I PRESUME and GUESS , its preferable to set the SERVER time to Local Time otherwise One needs to change all AGENTS PC time to EST OR WHATEVER is the server time !!!
GoAutoDial CE
VERSION: 2.4-309a
BUILD: 110430-1642
No other software installed on the box.
I've read the manager manual.
gmcust3

Return to General Discussion