Slightly off topic: Lead management software

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Slightly off topic: Lead management software

Postby Acidshock » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:12 pm

Hey Guys,

Slightly off topic but I had a friend ask me a question and I didnt really have a good answer. He was asking for me to recommend a good lead management software. Anyone have any recommendations for something extremely simple for lead sales? I personally have used vTiger, Sugar, etc. but they are too much centered around companies that are gear to selling manufactured products or services. I really dont want to recommend this to him since I will have to be the one showing him how to use it :P

He was asking for one that is geared for selling leads and is simple. I figured I would ask before recommending he use something like LeadTrac or some custom solution.

Thanks in advance,
Acid
Acidshock

Postby williamconley » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:29 pm

For "Selling leads"? I would not even consider anything other than MySQL unless I knew that I could dictate the format/methods of the clients.

Also, as a rule, you are either a "reseller" or you are generating leads in something like Vicidial to sell after data acquisition.

So: Reseller .... you'll be "passing them through" and all you need is a storage media (mysql) to hold during transition (although zip will work even better if you are actually purchasing and selling as a pure passthru). But we'll assume these are HIS leads and he's not a reseller .. In which case if he's generating them in Vicidial ... store them in Vicidial. Sell them straight from vicidial (ie: mysql query them straight out). If it's in some other software, query it right out of that..

If you have to convert them to a lead in a CRM to gather more information before selling to a client ... SugarCRM (or vTiger if you're one of those weirdos who insists on the ability to relable the software you use, which you cannot do with SugarCRM).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Acidshock » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:18 pm

Basically from what I understand is that he sells based on live transfer. So just something to simply track, email, run reports, etc. I really am hoping to find something I can recommend since I dont want to be dragged in to help him design one lol. Much rather be playing games in my spare time :P
Acidshock

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:25 pm

so he's selling live transfer calls! that's not "lead sales". does he want to track occurrences of transfer (available within vicidial)? specific information from each lead sent?

something to "simply track, email run reports" is nice to say .. but each of those is a function the requires detail. Track what? email what to whom and on what basis? run reports showing what information?

my solution for this so far is still Vicidial, pure mysql, or SugarCRM depending on how much information you need to add to or modify in each record.

especially since it is fairly easy to put the CLIENT to who you are shipping these leads into SugarCRM and have them accept the calls right there in it. then THEY are working from the same database YOU are working from. but they do not have Admin access. Even if they delete a lead ...sugarcrm does not delete (it merely marks a lead with a "1" in the deleted column!)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to General Discussion