Viciphone v3.0

Any and all non-support discussions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Viciphone v3.0

Postby mcargile » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:49 pm

Viciphone version 3.0 is now officially released.

With this release comes the following improvements:
  • A complete rewrite of the core Viciphone code to support SIP.js v0.20.1
    • This does require 'rtcp_mux=yes' be set in the template you are using for your webphone
  • Support for passing a settings container from Vicidial to Viciphone to allow additional settings to be added in the future without Vicidial changes
    • To take advantage of this feature an upgrade to Vicidial is required.
    • Viciphone will still work without the Vicidial upgrade, but some features will not be accessible.
  • Added the ability to enable/disable various browser audio processing like Echo Cancellation and Automatic Gain Control
    • Does require the Viciphone settings container support in Vicidial
  • Auto call agent conference on successful registration. This is similar to a feature that was added to some forks of Viciphone but it will work even if Viciphone and Vicidial are hosted on different domains.
  • Dynamic translation support. This is a frequent request that has been implemented in several of the forks of Viciphone.
    • If you create a new translation, please share the values from your settings container
  • Play progress audio instead of ringing when placing a call
    • The audio file can be changed in the Viciphone Settings Container by adjusting the region setting.
    • Currently supported regions include North America, Europe, and the UK.

If you already have Viciphone working on your cluster, make sure that:
Code: Select all
rtcp_mux=yes

is set in the template you are using for your webphones. Once that is in place you just need to change the Webphone URL in Admin -> System Settings to:
Code: Select all
https://phone.viciphone.com/v3.0/viciphone.php
mcargile
Site Admin

Re: Viciphone v3.0

Postby roger.milligan » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:15 am

Thank you Michael.

Where can we download the ViciPhone v3.0 source. All the links I can find on viciphone.com point to the v1.0 on GitHub. We would like to host the phone on internal servers.

Roger
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roger Milligan
Thrive, Cape Town, South Africa.
Mobile: +27 791412325 rogerm(at)thrivedatasolutions(dot)com
roger.milligan

Postby astriley » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:41 pm

With Agent ViciPhone v3.0 is there a way to show 'Registered' instead of '1XXXXXXXXXX - ACagcW178654678usernameusernameusernameusername'? On Admin ViciPhone v3.0 in Real-Time Main Report shows 'Registered'.
ViciBox v.10.0.1 220503 | Version 2.14-871a | Build 221230-2231 | SVN Version 3665 | DB Schema Version 1673 | Asterisk 13.38.3-vici | Supermicro 5019S-MR X11SSH-F | Intel i3 CPU | 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM | 2 x 1TB Samsung 860 SSD RAID1 | Amfeltec PCI Timer
astriley

Postby mcargile » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:57 am

I will be releasing Viciphone v3.0 on Github once a client gets back to me on whether a specific bug from 1.0 and 2.0 has been resolved. I cannot replicate it in v3.0.

As for displaying "Registered" instead of the caller id of the active call, no I will not be changing that. The reason on the realtime report it does not show a Caller ID Number is because an Admin is not on a phone call.

In version 3.1 I do plan on reworking the interface to give more room to the status Display area. This will allow me to show things like "Registered/Un-Registered", "Incall/On Hook", and the caller id info at the same time.
Michael Cargile | Director of Engineering | ViciDialGroup | http://www.vicidial.com

The official source for VICIDIAL services and support. 1-888-894-VICI (8424)
mcargile
Site Admin

Postby ccabrera » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:55 pm

Michael:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but version 3.0 appears to perform a call from webphone into the server as soon as the registration completes, instead of receiving the call from the server as all previous phones (either web or softphone).

This way, if you changed your phone's default context (to disallow manual dialing from the phone), the login process fails because it cannot find the conference extension (eg. 8600051).

This means that you must either include the 86XXXXX dialplan in your custom phone's context, or go back to the default one.

Was this an intended behaviour, or is there any other reason to switch the phone login from "receiving" a call to Vicidial to "dialing to" Vicidial?
Christian Cabrera
Enlaza Comunicaciones - Vicidial Partner
Mexico City
ccabrera

Postby mcargile » Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:35 am

Yes that is a feature of Viciphone version 3.0 but it can easily be disabled in the VICIPHONE_SETTINGS settings container in Vicidial. Just got to Admin -> Settings Containers -> VICIPHONE_SETTINGS and set dialRegExten to 0.
Michael Cargile | Director of Engineering | ViciDialGroup | http://www.vicidial.com

mcargile
Site Admin

Postby mcargile » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:58 am

The source code for version 3.0 has been released on Github:

https://github.com/vicimikec/ViciPhone/tree/v3.0

mcargile
Site Admin

Postby Nefariousparity » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:16 am

We use Vicibox 8.0
Asterisk 11.25.3

WebRTC works fine with version 1.0
I have tried putting the rtcp_mux=yes in template and sip.conf

And it is the error when I have google debug console open. So my guess is 11.25.3 can't do rtcp_mux?

Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: Failed to execute 'setRemoteDescription' on 'RTCPeerConnection': Failed to set remote offer sdp: The m= section with mid='0' is invalid. RTCP-MUX is not enabled when it is required.
|| DB Schema Version: 1609 || Asterisk 11.25.1-vici || BUILD: 190902-0839 ||VERSION: 2.14-718a||SVN: 3133||10xTelephony||1x Database||1x Slave||1x Web||1x Archive||ViciBox v.8.0.1
Nefariousparity

Postby mflorell » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:05 am

Asterisk 11 went End-of-Life in 2017, it is missing a lot of features and bug fixes that the newer versions have. We would strongly recommend upgrading to Asterisk 16.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby RBecker » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:24 pm

Has 16 been fully tested for support? Last I heard 16 was still undergoing testing and was not yet suitable for production use.
Managed & Dedicated ViciDial Hosting | VoIP Trunking and Termination | https://www.dial-fusion.com/
Main Cluster: 21 Agent Servers | Dedicated DB and Separate Reports Server | 2 Web Servers | HAProxy Load Balancing | Dedicated Archive Server
RBecker

Postby mflorell » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:50 pm

Asterisk 16 is solid in production, we have installed Asterisk 16 on over 100 production dialers at this point. It's very reliable and has been for over a year now.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Nefariousparity » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:21 pm

Hi Mr Florell, The only reason why we have kept with such a old version on all our servers is, that every time we go to new asterisk, the AMD goes out the window even with settings container. With Asterisk 16 did this ever get better or comparable?
|| DB Schema Version: 1609 || Asterisk 11.25.1-vici || BUILD: 190902-0839 ||VERSION: 2.14-718a||SVN: 3133||10xTelephony||1x Database||1x Slave||1x Web||1x Archive||ViciBox v.8.0.1
Nefariousparity

Postby mcargile » Wed May 10, 2023 10:51 pm

A few things:
  • Viciphone has never officially supported Asterisk 11. It worked in the early stages, but the standards for WebRTC changed and it stopped working. I suppose the people behind the SIP.js library may have found a work around for this at some point, but I never tested it. Viciphone 3 will never support Asterisk 11 though because as you said rtcp_mux=yes is 100% a requirement and Asterisk 11 cannot do it.
  • The AMD application is horrible. Always has been. At best it is 80% accurate with its determinations. That means 1 in 5 calls where a live person picks up it will treat them like an answering machine and probably hang up on them. That is a live customer contact you are just throwing away. To make matters worse they will just hear dead air and then get hung up on. When that happens most people will block your number. If you are calling into the US that will lead to your number's reputation going down in the Robocall Mitigation systems carriers have been forced to use. This will lead to your numbers being marked as a SCAM and your connect rate will go down.
  • Asterisk 11 has horrible security vulnerabilities. One nasty one will cause Asterisk to stop responding. It doesnt crash so Vicidial cannot restart it. It keeps running. It just cannot process any more calls. Even if you have your firewall locked down someone from within your organization could still lock up your systems.
  • Vicibox 8 has not received OS updates in years. Many packages running on it have security vulnerabilities.
AMD isn't really at fault for the changes you are seeing. In Asterisk 12 there were massive changes to the core of Asterisk. These changes forced us to change the way answered calls route. The net result caused two big changes. The first is that calls without any RTP audio actually make it to the routing extensions where they used to get statused as LRERR. This means that the AMD application is now having to deal with these RTPless calls. The second is that the settings that we have in extension.conf for the AMD application are no longer optimal. They were provided to us by a client MANY years ago. Their company had spent months tuning them. No one has taken the time since these changes to retune the AMD settings. While we write call center software, we are not actually a call center. We do not have the ability to experiment with things like this. We are not placing calls to real people. We do not have agents to give us feed back on the changes. It is up to call center operators to do these experiments.

What we have done though is fixed a few bugs that popped up in AMD due to these changes. One such bug was this one: https://gerrit.asterisk.org/c/asterisk/+/13247. Not only did we fix a timeout issue, but we also added a check for calls where no audio data is received. When that happens it returns NOAUDIODATA for the AMD Cause. Matt recently added to the AMD Agent Route Options the ability to immediately hang up NOAUDIODATA calls when they reach the AMD processing AGI script. While this does not prevent the calls from taking up AMD's time it does prevent them from making it to the agents. Just update to the latest SVN trunk of Vicidial and add "NOAUDIODATA-Hangup-ENABLED" to the settings container.

So my recommendation to you is to upgrade to the latest Vicibox which has tones of security vulnerabilities fixed, upgrade Vicidial to the latest SVN Trunk, add "NOAUDIODATA-Hangup-ENABLED" to the settings container, and spend some time tuning the AMD settings in extensions.conf. When you have good settings for AMD, please share them to the Vicidial issue tracker so we can update extensions.conf for everyone.

mcargile
Site Admin

Postby jamiemurray » Thu May 11, 2023 11:29 am

Just to follow on from the comments regarding AMD, I've found the optimal settings can vary wildly depending on where you are calling, the carrier being used, and load on the machine, so it's best to experiment and find the optimal settings for your campaign(s). It's not perfect and there will be false positives (humans treated as machines) and not to mention those damn greetings where someone says "hello" followed by a short pause, then their greeting, AMD treat these as humans.

You can even get clever with the AMD agi script if you spot a pattern in the stats on the amd report to override the default actions.
Skype: live:support_71847 | Tel: (US) +1 646 647 8850 (CA) +1 613 900 6456 (MX) +52 55 9990 3550 (UK) +44 1324 285022 (ES) +34 922 937 384
Managed Hosting - No tech skills required | VoIP Termination & DID numbering | https://jmurraysolutions.com
jamiemurray

Postby Nefariousparity » Tue May 16, 2023 3:05 am

Mysql error for my replys. I will try again later.
Nefariousparity

Postby Nefariousparity » Tue May 16, 2023 12:05 pm

I keep getting this error.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\x8A\x0A\x0A...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Nefariousparity

Return to General Discussion